How to come up with the Look:
- After prepping your face, use a matte base that is close to your skin tone for smoother eyelids, especially since you will be using shimmer eyeshadows.
- Use any palette that you have with at least three different shades of Gold. I used my Dollface Cosmetics 42 Shimmer Palette. You can have your preference, just stick with the concept of light, medium, and dark eyeshadows.
- Use a flat brush with the gold and pat it all over your lids keeping it under your crease area. The crease area is where the fold is located when you open your eyes.
- Use a dome-shaped brush or any brush that would fit your crease and use the light bronze shadow. Using a swiping motion, apply the product on your crease starting with your socket bone going inwards.
- from the starting point of your crease, connect it with your upper lash line and emphasize the outer V of your eyes.
- drag the light bronze to the outer third of your lower lash line.
- Use the bronze eyeshadow over the light bronze you just placed on the outer third of your lower lash line to emphasize it.
- Use a clean brush to blend the colors and to get rid of the harsh lines. Be careful when working with shimmers because they tend to go everywhere like glitters.
- In case shimmers get everywhere, you can use an ordinary scotch tape to remove the product.
- After blending the colors apply black liner on your lash line. I used my Aido waterproof black liner. Do not make a dramatic flick, just stick with a more natural one.
- Tightline your upper waterline. When you say tight-line, you put black liner on your upper waterline.
- curl your lashes and apply mascara.
- Put on your false lashes and wait for it to dry.
- Retouch the liner to hide the base of the fake lashes.
- Use a glitter liner. I used a lavander color that complements the golds. Apply the glitter liner just above the black liner.
- Apply abundant mascara on your lower lash line to emphasize them.
- contour your cheekbones using an angled brush. I used the blush palette included with my 42 Shimmer palette.
- Pick out a very light pink blush and apply it just on the outer edge of your cheeks.
- Use a blush mousse on the apples of your cheeks. I used Nichido Blush Mousse in Brulee.
- Make sure to blend them well.
- Line your lips with red pencil liner like Ever Bilena Advance pencil liner. Fill in your lips to help the lipstick last longer and to enhance its color.
- Apply red lipstick.
Put on your Santa hat, bring your bag of goodies and head out to your Holiday events. I’m pretty sure that with this look you will definitely catch everyone’s attention 🙂
This is a trend this season. I hope my French braid tutorial was clear enough for you guys. Don’t hesitate to ask me for any clarifications. You can get the braided headband in any accessories store 🙂